Monday, January 8, 2007

Resolutions to Ponder Upon

  • Trade less. Exercise more patience.

  • Be patient, buy right and buy big.

  • Be sure, be not afraid.

  • Don't sell out on fear at the bottom of corrections.

  • Only make pre-planned trades; do not chase the "stock of the day"

  • Learn everything I can from others who know far more than me. Try to apply what I have learned in a more consistent way. With more discipline.

  • Investigate before you invest.

  • Don't fight the tape.

  • I am paid to wait for the best opportunities.

  • Work harder, trade less, research more, be patient.

  • Keep your feet on the ground and expections reasonable.

  • Sell when all the news too good and buy when all the news too bad.

  • Stop listening to experts.

  • The market will always be there and so will good opportunities.

  • Plan the trade and stick to the trading plan.

  • Keep educating yourself. It never stops.

  • You do not have to be "in" the market all of the time.

  • Do more homework.

  • Create lists of stocks that will perform well when any type of news is released and constantly evaluate those lists.

  • Devote more time.

  • To learn more from those that succeed.

  • Pick my trades more carefully.

  • Don't let one or two day counter-trends influence decisions that were made with a medium term goal.

  • Maintain focus and a positive mindset.

  • Let my trades go at the end of the day and enjoy life to its fullest.

  • Do not trade on emotion.

  • Be willing to be in cash.

  • Cut losses more quickly.

  • Observe my thinking/mind during the trading day.

  • Make a plan and follow the plan. Otherwise, do nothing.

  • Stick with one approach.

  • Trade more to my strengths.

  • Remember "it's money and not my ego."

  • Take small profits if nervous.

  • Always have a pre-planned exit point on bad trades.

  • Step back from the noise and spot the longer term trends.
  • Boring is better.
  • Selling too early is better than selling too late.
  • Trust my instincts.
  • Narrow my focus - eliminate all distractions.
  • If wrong - admit it and move on.
  • Trade fewer stocks.
  • Don't buy stocks just because you think it's cheap.
  • Learn to trust the signals of patient, well-resarched strategies.
  • When all the indicators say buy, BUY! Don't hesitate!
  • Learn to outperform the market while preserving capital.
  • Play the devil's advocate on every trade.
  • Be smart! Be nimble! Be quick!
  • Customize my trading system to fit my personality.
  • Keep meticulous records current and reevaluate every trade. Ask what went right; what went wrong; what did I learn for each trade.
  • Find a trading niche.
  • Stop repeating the same mistakes.
  • Think less - just revert to being a trend following moron.
  • Set reasonable goals.
  • Be more consistent.
  • Discipline, not emotion.
  • Plan your work and work your plan.
  • Diversify globally.
  • Eat less. Exercise more. You are right - health is more important.
  • Integrate a shock collar with my trading screen that would issue a jolt every minute once my stock fell below a pre-determined threshold thereby forcing me to take losses when I know I should take them.
  • Don't get caught losing a decent profit trying to make a great profit.
  • Work harder and smarter.
  • No strategy works forever.
  • Hang tight and give myself time to experience and learn. Don't rush ahead.
  • Keep all trades on a tight leash.
  • Never move a stop.
  • Cut my losses, cut my losses, and cut my losses.
  • Make every trade my best trade.
  • Do more sector analysis.
  • Keep a better eye on things.
  • Win every month--doesn't have to be much, just not down.
  • Spend 30 minutes every day on my trading journal.
  • Develop an easy and steady temperament.
  • Stop comparing your performance to the indexes in the short-term.
  • Save, save, save and get ready to pounce when it drops.
  • Write down my trading plan.
  • Set aside a period of daily uninterruptible quality time to reflect and strategize.
  • I need to keep better records.
  • Don't make stupid trades following the hype.
  • Don't try to hit the home runs.
  • Keep reading but take everything with a grain of salt.
  • Get up earlier in the morning, exercise and relax more.
  • Get more serious and professional about my trading.
  • Remember what's important. And it has nothing to do with the stock market.
  • Sell and move on. Quit fretting about what I've left on the table.
  • Be more disciplined, more conservative, more evaluative, more prudent, more selective, more wise, more wealthier.
  • Spend more time planning for my family's future.
  • Don't make decisions by looking in the rear view mirror (old financials or priced in info).
  • Size positions at 2% level.
  • Buy stocks only in large corrections.
  • Become more self-reliant.
  • Having the courage to be not bothered by daily market fluctuations.
  • Play the game well and the goals will come.
  • Be quick to adapt to any market condition.
  • Take a simple idea, and take it seriously.
  • Incorporate a better exercise plan into my trading day.
  • Focus more on ETFs.
  • Trade what I see rather than what I think.
  • Get as much information available, then trust yourself.
  • Study more, save more, consume less.
  • Be better at gettin while the gettin is good.
  • Listen to myself...we are, after all, our best source.
  • Don't lose money.

"Woeful Wails" - My Dad's account of what happened in 1989 at Srinagar, Kashmir

A Shiver, a shudder goes down my spine To have lost what once was mine The merciless devils who strode the streets With guns pointing at u...